Sunday, February 17, 2008

Little Tyke's First Mountain Bike Race

I went out to Temecula to ride in a short mountain bike race at Vail Lake. The only way I can explain this is that racing is in my blood. I've been adventure and mountain bike racing non-stop for the past 6 years. And therefore, I'm unable to quit cold-turkey! I love the people, I love the events, I love to ride my bike, and I just plain love to get outside and exercise.



I decided to enter as a beginner so I would be forced to do only one lap at a very slow pace. I had my heart rate monitor on so that I could track my effort and not steal oxygen from Little Tyke. Although I kept a nice, easy pace, my heart rate shot up and I had to slow down even more. It was fine though because this time I actually got to check out the views. I enjoyed the sunshine. I enjoyed the single track. I enjoyed the competitors. And most of all I enjoyed the ride!


Bern & Little Tyke got 2nd Place!


2 comments:

Lynda Wallenfels said...

Lil Tyke will come out fit!

Lynda Wallenfels said...

or Lily Tyke. I'm thinking girl here...