Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Approaching 11 Weeks!

I was supposed to ride at Southridge this weekend, but as I'm quickly finding out,,,,I'm no longer in charge. Little Tyke (LT) had other plans for us. I think after last weekend's race, LT decided that Mommy needed to rest so he/she could have energy to grow. Not to mention, I have a UTI and I got a cold that turned into a terrible ear infection...talk about MISERY!

But I was able to get in my cycling fix by watching the Amgen Tour of California. Pretty cool that those great riders are right here racing in Cali!

I actually had a small glimmer of hope the other day when I woke up and didn't have to run to the throne immediately to puke! But of course, I made up for it later that night. Note to self: Spinach salads not so good on the way back up but Chocolate Ensure tastes exactly the same! (Yup, I know that's gross, but I warned you...brutal honesty!)


The Baby
They say the baby is now almost two inches tall and weighs 5 grams. It's not much, but LT is complete! You can recognize his/her little face and the eyelids are clearly visible. The vocal cords are forming and the inner ear and auricle have been formed, too. The first downy hairs are becoming visible. The process of ossification is in full progress; the fingertips are hardening and soon they will get miniscule nails. A bit later the toes will follow, because the development of the baby takes place from top to bottom.

Although the gender already has been determined, we can't see whether it will be a boy or girl yet. And I really don't want to know.


Foods I have been able to eat:
Potatoes, pasta, toast, Ensure, SunChips, fresh fruit, oatmeal, yogurt

Foods I can't tolerate right now:
Salads, chicken, fish, beef

Foods I want but cannot have:
Sushi, sushi, sushi!...and a big, full-bodied Cabernet!


I must admit, I've been very tired. They say building a baby is harder work than climbing Mt. Everest. Well, I don't know about that, but man, am I exhausted most of the time! A whole new vascular system has to be created and
my body has to transport a lot of blood to it. Low blood pressure and nausea have also been adding to my exhaustion.

I've definitely had to tone down my former busy non-pregnant lifestyle for a while. Not being able to train and race with my friends is a challenge every week. But I'm just trying to keep my focus and look forward to the prize at the end of this challenge!


1 comment:

Joy Joy said...

YO! i have seen you at some events. YOu should totally buy Belly Laughs by Jenny McCarthy. Hilarious, and VERY truthful! Good Luck!