Friday, June 27, 2008

Texas Style Baby Shower

It is true! EVERYTHING IS BIGGER IN TEXAS! Even the baby showers!

Over 150 people attended the party in preparation for Little Baby Hawkins' arrival.

My aunts, uncles, cousins and parents threw us the baby shower of the century at my parents' house in New Braunfels.

Of course many of the people wanted to hear all about The Alaska Experiment so we went around chatting with each table and gave them more details.




Some of my best girl friends from school were there! L-R; Anissa (friend since 7th grade); Mari (since 5th grade), Denise (since 2nd grade), Jana (since 6th grade), Lisa (since 6th grade)


Greg won the diaper changing contest,,,even though the diaper was on backwards!! How the heck did I know it was on backwards???....only because my aunts told me! :)

More games!

The cake was soooo cute!




The Mama is soooo big!

The party went into the night when the DJ arrived and we all danced. Little Baby Hawkins even took a couple of spins on the dance floor!



More of my cupcake creations--Panda Bears!

3 comments:

Jellybeans Children's Boutique said...

Everything is bigger in Texas. I was searching for a customers baby shower blog and came across yours. We don't have showere like that in Florida. What a fun event. I think that you might enjoy visiting our website and reading our blog.

Anonymous said...

More cupcakes! I'm impressed. For Mia's or JR's party I'm calling you to place an order for those speciality cupcakes! Do you think you'll still have it in you after you give birth to "Little Tyke"?

LaRutaLou said...

Bernice, you look adorable!!
I bet you got enough baby stuff to furnish a nursery AND cloth Little Tyke until he/she starts kindergarten!!