Friday, August 29, 2008

Baby & Race Chatter


I got all the baby clothes washed and ready to wear. Isn't it just so darn cute!?! But I do have a feeling that some of it will be too small for "BIG TYKE!" We chose one outfit to bring Baby ____ Hawkins Pierson home in whether it's a boy or girl.

I was able to make it through two months without puking,,,,but now it's back. I was awake at my usual 4am the other morning when I had a "Braxton Hicks" contraction and then had to run to my throne to puke! Aaaaahhh,,,reminiscent of my first 6 months of pregnancy! Well, they say this means my labor day is getting close. Two and half weeks and counting!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



Just when I was about to be really pissed that no one covered the Olympic Mountain Bike Race, it aired on the very last day of the Olympics at 2:50am. No medals for the US but great fun to watch anyway. Looked like it was somewhat of a technical course which was really awesome for true mountain bikers to show off their speed, endurance and skills! Last thing they needed was a "road race on dirt!" Congrats to our US mountain bikers for a great showing. Georgia Gould has her race report up.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bern trekking on day 9 of 11.5 at the Patagonia Expedition Race in Chile

I've been giving Beginner Adventure Racer Clinics....basically talking to folks about how to get started with adventure racing. It's a little embarrassing when people find out that the immensely huge girl is the one who will be telling them how to race for 4 hours to 10 days! But thank goodness I'm able to show them a power point presentation with lots of photos of me racing. That makes me a little more credible so they will believe that I was somewhat fit before and have done plenty of racing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Did you know?
Lisa Leslie is a 36 year old MOMMY who still plays b-ball good enough to win her 4th Olympic Gold Medal!
Dara Torres is a 41 year old MOMMY who swam her way to Silver medals in Beijing.
Lynda Wallenfels is a thirty-something MOMMY who kicks booty in the endurance mountain bike scene.
Misty May-Treanor and Kerri Walsh are thirty-somethings on their way to starting families but most likely gonna play volleyball at the same level upon their return.

***These ladies are inspiration for me to get back to adventure and mountain bike racing!****

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks , I have recently been searching for info approximately this [url=http://www.longchampsacpliage-fr.com/bagages-c-11.html]Sac Longchamp Bagages[/url] subject for a while and yours is the greatest I've discovered till now. However, what about the conclusion? Sac De Voyage Pliage Longchamp [url=http://www.longchampsacpliage-fr.com/bagages-sac-double-portable-pliage-longchamp-c-11_12.html]Sac Double Portable Pliage Longchamp[/url] ,Are you positive in regards to the source?