Sunday, April 06, 2008

Week 16 of 40: State of a Pregnant Princesa

I miss riding my bike for hours and hours. I miss playing in the mountains all day and night. But oddly enough, I MISS SWEATING! (And no!!,,, breaking into a cold sweat while violently puking doesn't count!!)

Little Tyke forced me to take some time off of exercising because, well frankly, I was lucky just to get out of my bed in the mornings. Yes, me, "Miss-I survived 11.5 days of tramping through Patagonia" and "I ride my bike 24 hours straight just for fun!" has been knocked down to her knees, whining and crying by the tiny, little, (peanut sized) person growing inside.


16 Weeks Pregnant (believe me, there is a belly!)


Have you ever pulled a muscle from puking so violently? Well, I have and it sucks! I finally begged my doctor for any kind of magic spell (or pill) that would ease my suffering.

Here's a recap:
First 6 weeks ~ Very sore boobs; all day nausea; but tolerable.
Weeks 6-15 ~ PUKE, PUKE, & MORE PUKE. ALL DAY MISERY!
Week 16 ~ I finally got some meds for the nausea and puking & the meds are helping tremendously. I've actually been able to make public appearances.


Easter was my first attempt at a long drive from home...


And thanks to the meds, I could actually eat something other than baked potatoes and spaghetti! YAY!!!



A few weeks later, I even had the energy to design a fruit tray for Eron's surprise birthday bash!


Watch out Martha Stuart,,,,my motherly instinct is FINALLY kicking in!

Amazing what I can do when I'm not training 20 hours a week! (But don't get used to it)

Eron was really surprised! It was a great party!

They say now is the time I should begin to feel Little Tyke's movements as his/her bones begin to harden. It should feel like butterflies in the stomach. Well, I've definitely been feeling something strange in there so I think it must be Little Tyke riding the bike around in circles!

My heart continues to increase its blood volume output to supply Little Tyke with oxygen. It is enlarged and is pumping about 20% more blood that it did before! Huh, and I didn't even have to blood dope! I guess that's why Little Tyke is riding around in there so much! They say my heart will
continue to grow throughout my pregnancy and that will result in an increased heart output of 30-50 percent by the time of delivery! Maybe that's why they say women come back stronger after pregnancy!! You boys better start booking me for races now 'cause I'm gonna be so strong!! ;-))


No comments: