Monday, April 14, 2008

BECKS!

Too few Americans realize the privilege we have to see one of the greatest futbol players in the world up close and personally.

If we tried to see him play in Europe, we'd see a speck on the field from the nose bleed section. Not to mention, risk the chance of getting trampled. But at the Home Depot Center, I was within 40 yards of him while he played the Beautiful Game.

Going to a game is usually something I would put off because I'd be on my bike for hours and hours on a weekend. But thanks to Little Tyke, I have time to broaden my horizons.

Bend it like...

Beckham!

Landon's header for the first goal

But you have to hand it to America's own Landon Donovan for stepping up his game and showing futbol fans that he can hang right in there with the best in the world!

Set up for the PK


Psyching out the goal tender


Landon's second goal

I highly recommend attending a Los Angeles Galaxy soccer game! The stadium is gorgeous and it's the perfect place to enjoy a soccer game. It's lovely to sit out in the warm California sunshine and the snacks are affordable! If you want to go with me, let me know! I'll get the tix!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

He's time has past unfortunately and when he opens his mouth he sounds like his voice hasn't broken. Not saying he's not a great player just not any more.

MLSinNYC said...

Considering he's still being called up to the English national team, I would not say his time has passed... His game has changed, but he's still a great player.

Glad you enjoyed the game Bern... Too bad they took a loss.