Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Battling the Bulge!

After the birth of my gorgeous Little Lady Sofia, the docs told me not to do any physical labor for six weeks. SIX MORE WEEKS!?!?? After "taking it easy" for nine months, how did they expect me to take it easy for six more weeks?

Fellow singlespeed mountain biker Fuzzy John and his 14 month old son Ian came by to visit Sofia.

Well, it wasn't hard to take it easy for four weeks because my body really did need the recovery. But at the fourth week, I set up my road bike on the trainer and started riding. As Lady Sofia slept, I hopped on the trainer and took off. Unfortunately, my bottom could only take 12 minutes on the seat. So that was it; my first workout--12 minutes. It will be a while before I will ride for 24 hours straight again, but I'm working on it... one day at a time.

1 comment:

Lynda Wallenfels said...

...and I see the power tap on there too!Good job getting back on the horse, it aint easy at first.