Friday, June 15, 2007

The Traverse

From my point of view it was climb, climb, climb for 5 hours then 1 hour down and out to the finish. 46 Miles and 8,000+ feet of elevation gain!



After 2 hours: This is where I looked back and said, "Dang, I already rode that far and I'm still feeling pretty good!" (Ingest hammer gel, relax on the Ergons, and keep climbing)


After 4 hours: This is when I looked ahead and said, "Dang, I still have that far to go and I don't feel very well." (Stop, hop off the bike, pour a zip lock of powdered Heed in my mouth, and unwillingly proceed)


After 5.5 hours: No more climbing!


But concentrate on the downhill or else...


Where's the end of this downhill?


Yay! The finish line in 6 hours 2 minutes! (Ingest the time keepers' 4 mini chocolate doughnuts and Lay's BBQ potato chips so I won't bonk on the way to the party)


Louise Kobin, Ankie Trollegard, and Bern on the podium with a little cash payout!


Manny and Jason were incredible! 1st and 2nd in under 4 hours!


Josh rode down the entire Trabuco trail and out the fire road on his rim! Crazy nut still finished in under 5 hours!


Super Mario on the podium again!


"Big checks" for Lou and Bern so we immediately went shopping! I'm not kidding, before we got home from the race, we were trying on pretty dresses!

2 comments:

Josh Smith said...

So your'e calling me a nut.Well I hope this means i'm lossing the hammer head nick name?

Anonymous said...

WOW. great job!