Friday, May 18, 2007

Weaver- who? what? where?


My races have taken me to some exotic and fascinating places around the world; Southern Brazil, Patagonia, Iceland, Greenland, and Spain for example. But this time, the foreign land is just a mere 11 hour drive north of Orange County: WEAVERVILLE, California! It's just past Redding and a tad east of Arcata. Once again, a place I never would have known about or thought about until this race: the 12 Hours of Weaverville.

Super Mario, Hammer Josh, and I will be driving up to San Jose to meet up with La Ruta Lou. Then we will all drive 5 more hours to the race site and meet up with Fuzzy John. This is Fuzzy's "home turf." He, Lou, and Josh will be racing as solos while Super Mario and I will race it as a duo.

In preparing for the race Super M asked me what else there was to see and do while in Weaverville. And here's what I found:

Weaverville Event Calendar

May 25th- S.T.A.R Dinner- Benefits Southern Trinity Ambulance & Rescue 6pm at Ruth Lake Community Center-Talent Show-Silent Auction-Raffle for Chain Saw-$2ea/3for$5Dinner Menu: Beef, Pork, Fish, Oysters-Great food! Contact: Mike Glading

May 26th-10:00am-Jake Jackson Museum-Beginning Blacksmithing Class-in Weaverville-Call 530-623-5211

It looks like we could enter a raffle for a chainsaw AND take blacksmithing class!!! Hmmmm,,,,now if we win the chainsaw,,,,,can we use it in the blacksmithing class???.....oh, wait, I guess that's totally different. Hmmmm,,,well....maybe we'll just concentrate on riding. I don't know. Whatever we do, I'm sure it will involve bikes, beers, and great times!