Tuesday, January 23, 2007

12 Hours of Temecula

Josh and I joined forces again to compete in the 2 person Co-ed category at the 12 Hours of Temecula. This time we were accompanied by our other Sho-Air teammates Todd, Brad, Super Mario, Matt, and Fuzzy. Todd and Brad took first place in the 2 person open, Super Mario was leading the solo pack but didn't have the legs this early in the season to take the win. Josh and I took 2nd place, beaten once again by the super strong Pro team Spinergy. I felt really great through most of the race. Last time I had a bit of trouble with over fueling between laps. This time I may have under fueled just a tad because I started to bonk on lap 4. But I knew how to fix it and the problem was solved by my next lap. I can tell that Lynda's training is working. I was definitely stronger on the straightaways, an area I had trouble before. I even rode down every sandy, technical section without mishap, which is quite a feat for me! Matt and Fuzzy were the real heroes of the day, taking care of all our needs and supporting us to our fine finishes. We owe them!

Josh praying that his teammate will race fast!

1 comment:

Matt said...

Congrats on the finish and better luck next time in catching those Spinergy people! Sounds like program from Lynda is working though.