Thursday, July 20, 2006

Bern's Movie Review: Talladega Nights

August 2006

Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby

Let the guy choose the flick and I end up watching Talladaga Nights with Will Ferrell. Oh well, sometimes a lady has to compromise. The first 10 minutes were pretty funny and I thought, "Hey, I could get into this." But then it just got too dumb. I guess there were enough funny moments to keep me mildly entertained through the entire movie, but overall the best part of my theater experience was the video arcade after the show! Ladies I'd recommend you wait for one of those days when you have nothing to do and you just want to sit on the couch and watch some brainless humor for free on HBO. Gentlemen, it's brainless humor, there are fast cars, and Will Ferrell becomes a big NASCAR star with lots of money and a "trophy wife." I bet you'll like it. Just make sure you invite an "easily entertained" woman, promise her all the popcorn she wants, and take her to play Galaga and Ms. Pacman afterwards!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I couldn't disagree more! The Color Purple, Schindler's List, Gone With The Wind--none of these hold a candle to Talladega Nights! You obviously missed the relationship dichotomy of Ricky Bobby and his car, as he struggled with not only the external demands of his fan's expectations, but his own internal demons as well. Or, I could just be talking out of my butt, and you can just chalk this up as a "boy movie." :-)